Thursday, April 24, 2008

Won with Tango! - 4/5 in Waukesha Championship

I won against Stanley Garvin yesterday from the black side of Tango! opening (1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 Nc6). I have 4/5 score in Tango with only loss against Williams from an advantageous position in time trouble (instead of winning the exchange, I blundered mine with 20 secs in the clock).

I'll play Coons next week and then the potential decider with Sasha on the week following. If I win both the games, I'll at least jointly win the Waukesha Club Championship. Easier said than done considering what Sasha is playing off late and avoiding Coon's 30 move home preparation in Slav! I need to play something really unusual against Coons. Last time I played 1.b3 and won. Any suggestion for this time ?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, here is a suggestion for Jim. Play 1.Nf3

Anonymous said...

Just kidding! That is his favorite move. How about 1.Nh3!!

Anonymous said...

g3

Souvik Roychoudhury said...

Around an year back I played a Slav game where he played 23 moves in 3-5 mins where I spent an hour !! In a frustration and desparation, I then lost from an dead equal position by a blunder !! Hope I would do better this time....

transformation said...

sorry for my delay. forward of comments at blogger can be very eratic if not wholey absent, and only now just saw your comment at my forth blog, The System of the System.

Namaste!

Anonymous said...

Very few club players have a prepared reply to the reverse hippo.

g3, Bg2, d3, b3, Bb2, a3, e3 Nd2, Ne2, 0-0 not necessarily in that order.

Anonymous said...

For example:


1. g3 d5 2. Bg2 Nf6 3. d3 e5 4. Nd2 c6 5. b3 Bd6 6. Bb2 O-O 7. e3 Re8 8. Ne2
Nbd7 9. a3 Nc5 10. h3 Be6 11. O-O *

Souvik Roychoudhury said...

Hippo seems a good suggestions...Can you identify yourself...

transformation said...

not to ruin the party for anyone:
subsequent analysis from line indicates:

11. ...Qd7, 12.Kh2 Bf5 13.Nf3 Qe7 14.Nh4 Bc8:

15.f4 etc = -0.28 fritz

15.Nf3 etc = no better than -0.44 Fritz

perhaps analysis needs to start sooner in this line to be fair, but at a glance... dk