Thursday, January 3, 2008

Started Waukesha Winter Swiss with a win

Started the Waukesha Winter Swiss with a win last night. It was very cold winter night approaching 4 degrees (F). Since Ivan is not playing, I'll cover this event (Ivan has been doing a very good job in covering the events and if he is playing, I'll not cover it in my blog). There were 17 players - I am the top seed followed by Gavin and Coons (both of them won last night).

Will put my game tomorrow. I had white against Reinolds Luzanne and was 2 pawns up by move 14 ! But managed to complicate things under time pressure. Once almost felt that I was losing (most of the audience thought that way). Though the Rybka evaluation was +8.93 !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are covering this event. I like to know what is going on in the WI chess scene. You should also cover the Icicle Swiss going on in the month of January at the Southwest Chess Club. Thanks.