Monday, March 10, 2008

Back in winning form !!

Well, first thanks to all of you who gave me the support after my 32 point losing, 3 losses in 5 games performance in the team tournament. I almost thought of quitting ! I am happy that I didn't !

I scored 4/5 in the MCA Fide Futurity event on 8-9 March in Hales CCorner and gained back 17 points to reach 1961. The only loss was to IM Mesgen Amanov in a tough fought 45 move game where I lost my rook in a knight fork in a pawn down endgame while in time trouble.

None of the wins were a gift as I had to fight till 30-40 moves to earn it and though I missed moves but I also saw a lot of tactics - from both ends. I am happy that I continued to play...I really do love this this game of chess. Yes, I do !

Will put the games once done with the analysis.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Souvik, I was happy to see you win a share of the combined 3rd Place/Under 2000 prize. Congratulations !! Tom Fogec

Southwest Chess Club said...

Likewise, happy for your return to good form. I also played IM Amanov, but fared no better than you. A good challenge for us both; a riddle to solve!

- Allen Becker

Anonymous said...

You have to beat higher rated players to prove that you are getting better. Beating players 100s of points below is nothing to write home about

BRUZ