Friday, March 21, 2008

Waukesha Club Championship - Started with a win

I am playing in the Waukesha Club Championship. On last Wednesday, I played against Peter Velikanov with white, won a pawn in the opening as he missed a tactics and then used that pawn in the endgame to win the game.

I played very safe through out the game and missed a good tactic in the next move. White can play e4 here. Try to calculate the variations, its fun ......




Other results are Garvin vs Hayes draw, Ivan lost to Williams, Coons lost to Sasa. Next round I am playing Sasa with black.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you play more main line chess then you will easily reach 2000

Jon Burgess

Souvik Roychoudhury said...

John,

Thanks for your suggestion. I was actually a total latest trend mainline 1.e4 player earlier. After coming to USA, I shifted to 1.d4 and in last 3 years became fan of uncommon variations. I am not lazy, but really didn't like to see my opponents rolling 15 moves just from memory. Tromp and other variations demand lot of energy, right from the opening. But I do not need to fight with Frtiz or Beat white with this and that.

HOWEVER, I started learning 1....e5 to 1.e4 based the suggestion by Ashish. Really enjoying it !

Thanks Again

Souvik