Sunday, March 9, 2008

If I can play Tromp against an IM and survive till 50 moves, it must be sound !

Yesterday I played Mesgen Amanov in round 3 of MCA Fide Futurity event. I had white and I played Trompowski after 1.d4 Nf6. While analysisng I found he was the one who made the first slight inaccuracy. I saw white's move but somehow couldn't calculate till the end and settled for safer option where I had to literally defend for a long time. At the end, I had around 5 mins, exhausted with long calculation and missed a knight fork to lose my rook at move 45 and resigned. Will publish the game tonight.

3 comments:

Southwest Chess Club said...

Souvik,

NICE result for you after the so-so Team Event. Great FIDE-USCF event this weekend; a good turnout. Looking forward to your analysis of the IM Mesgen Amanov game (I lost to this strong player and nice guy as well):

http://www.uschess.org:80/msa/XtblMain.php?200803096811

-Allen Becker

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your results! I knew you would bounced right back. I also had the opportunity to play Mr. Amanov. I lost too. However, I found Mr. Amanov to be a very nice young man. He is also one of the few masters I have played who actually sat down with me and analyzed our game after it was finished.

Souvik Roychoudhury said...

Thanks Allen and Robin for your comments and support. I'll put my game with Amanov this week itself. My game finished at 11:00 pm which was actually 12;00 considering the daylight time change. So I couldn't analyze my game with Amanov. However, he is really helpful and nice person. Hope to see him getting the GM norms.